Idaho Springs, CO
$21 – $23/hr. – Seasonal Full-time, Part-time
Responsibilities include (but not limited to): Maintenance of downhill slopes and other ski, tubing and terrain areas. You use heavy equipment to move snow. You also ensure the proper signage is present. You identify potential hazards and close portions as necessary. Duties extend to keeping walkways open on other property grounds.
- High safety responsibility and sensibility to maintain safe environment for yourself, fellow employees and guests
- Ability to learn how to operate all equipment including snowcats to perform daily snow grooming
- Perform basic mountain operations
- Ability to safely operate authorized vehicles for on-mountain projects, maintenance and guest assistance
- Participate in safe and reliable winter maintenance programs so that work is accomplished in a complete, orderly and timely manner
- Ensure management is immediately informed and consulted on all abnormal or unusual conditions, incidents, or system malfunctions
- Ensure that all records required by Echo Mountain and any authorities having jurisdiction are maintained and kept up-to-date including all mechanical and operational procedures, daily maintenance, operational logs, failures and incidents
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements Include (but not limited to):
- Previous Snowcat Operator Experience REQUIRED
- Must have ability to verbally communicate, demonstrate, and explain concepts clearly to people of all ages
- Must be empathetic, patient and nurturing to students
- Ability (in English) to read and comprehend and write memorandum, correspondence, and reports
- Ability to maintain logs, reports, and checklists
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, students, clients, and other employees
- Must be able to regularly lift or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift or move more than 50 pounds, and perform other physically demanding skills, including standing for long periods of time and responding appropriately to emergency and other unplanned situations
- Must be able to work weekend and holidays, work effectively at high elevations, and function effectively in extreme cold weather conditions and in other inclement weather conditions.
Wage: $21 – $23/hr., Dependent on Experience; Eligible for an End of Season Bonus
Qualified applicants must be able to complete a background check and reference checks. Echo Mountain is a drug free workplace.
We hire the most highly qualified people available and provide a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Season Pass for you AND your immediate family/significant other
- Free & Discounted Lift Tickets @ resorts across CO
- 50% off Food & Beverage
- 50% off Rentals
- 50% off Merchandise
- Paid Sick Leave
- Flexible Scheduling
- Discounts with local and industry businesses
- Bonus Opportunities in-season and End of Season
Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for all team members. We are an equal opportunity employer as defined by federal, state or local laws.
- Minimum High School or GED
- 1-3 years Snowcat Operator Experience
- Previous experience operating Prinoth snowcats
- Previous ski area operations or maintenance experience
- Previous heavy equipment operating experience
Are you passionate about adventure and hospitality? Echo Mountain, nestled in the heart of nature, is the perfect place for you! We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic individuals to join our team. Whether you're skilled in hospitality, love the outdoors, or are a thrill-seeker at heart, Echo Mountain welcomes your talent and energy. Join us in creating memorable experiences for our guests and become a part of our vibrant family. Explore our current opportunities and embark on a fulfilling journey with Echo Mountain today!
"*" indicates required fields